Monday, September 21, 2009

Stockton Results

Congrats to all the winners at the Stockton, CA show on Saturday. It was a nice show.. big as all the Stockton shows are.. but BOY was it HOT!!! It was well over 100 degrees and the rabbits were not doing well. I know there were exhibitors who left early. Lots of bunnies showed symptoms of beginning heat stress. I had one rabbit who was practically skin and bones the next morning after all the stress from the show. He's been chowing down on oatmeal and pellets, and his body is slowly coming back. Poor guy!

I showed one rabbit, but we flunked. It figured, as her wool was done and dead. I plucked about 50% of her wool last night and will probably finish the rest today. I'm hoping to have most of her coat in for Convention... but we shall see!

Congrats to my good buddy Susie (Wooly World Rabbitry) for taking BOB in both Youth shows with two different rabbits, and she also took BOS in Show A. BOS in Show B was won by a new youth exhibitor I believe? (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment